Pregnancy is one of the most rewarding experiences a woman can have, but the postpartum phase brings along with it unique challenges. The physical changes, such as stretched skin, added abdominal fat, and weakened abdominal muscles, add to the list of postpartum concerns. The good news is, EMSculpt NEO, a revolutionary body contouring procedure, is now available to help restore postpartum mothers' overall abdominal strength, reduce fat, and tighten the skin.
EMSculpt NEO is the champion of non-invasive body sculpting procedures designed to improve muscle strength and eliminate fat. It uses simultaneous delivery of heat and magnetic energy, emerging as the leading choice for patients due to its ability to be effective in individuals with a BMI of up to 35. Most other fat reducing treatments are effective in BMIs up to only 30.
This treatment employs a combination of RF (radiofrequency) and HIFEM (High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic) technology. The radiofrequency heats up fat cells enough to damage them, so that the body marks them for removal. The deep heat also stimulates collagen production to tighten up the skin.. It also warms up the muscles so that they can contract harder when the HIFEM modality is applied.. The HIFEM energy contracts muscles similar to physical exercise, which stimulates them to strengthen and grow. The combination of RF and HIFEM leads to 30% fat reduction and 25% muscle growth on average.
While EMSculpt NEO boasts excellent safety profiles based on seven clinical studies, it's essential to consult with a practitioner when considering the treatment postpartum. Typically, a woman can safely start the treatment around six weeks post childbirth or eight weeks after a cesarean, depending on recovery.
In a pilot study, researchers investigated the effects of High-intensity Focused Electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology on abdominal appearance in postpartum women. Ten women received four 30-minute abdominal HIFEM treatments and were examined using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to measure abdominal fat, muscle thickness, and abdominal separation at various follow-up visits. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7733372/)
Results showed an average abdominal fat reduction of 17.0% at one-month follow-up and 20.2% at three-month follow-up, with muscle thickness increases of 20.5% and 21.3% at the respective follow-up visits. The abdominal separation showed a reduction of 16.7% at one-month and 22.7% at three-month follow-up visits.
The HIFEM treatments appeared to reduce fat layer and abdominal separation while increasing muscle thickness in postpartum women. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7733372/)
1. **Restores Abdominal Muscle Strength**: Pregnancy often causes diastasis recti, a condition where the abdominal muscles weaken and separate. EMSCulpt NEO aids in restoring the strength of these muscles, inducing powerful contractions that one cannot achieve voluntarily.
2. **Reduces Abdominal Fat**: As a part of adjusting to the growing fetus, women accumulate abdominal fat during pregnancy, which persists postpartum. With the power of HIFEM * RF technology, EMSCulpt NEO effectively reduces this fat, aiding in regaining a toned abdomen.
4. Reduces Diastasis Recti (Abdominal Separation)- an increased distance between the rectus abdominis muscles at the midline caused by weakness in the anterior abdominal wall and is often seen with pregnancy. See the study mentioned above.
3. **Tightens the Skin**: Postpartum skin looses its elasticity due to stretching during pregnancy. The heat from the EMSCulpt NEO treatment promotes collagen production that in turn helps tighten the skin.
4. **Non-Invasive and Quick Recovery**: With no incisions, anesthesia, or recovery time, EMSCulpt NEO becomes an attractive, convenient solution for new moms.
EMSCulpt NEO is not a replacement for regular exercise or a healthy diet but rather a helping hand in rebuilding your pre-pregnancy body.
Take advantage of the EMSCulpt NEO journey and embrace the beautiful changes that motherhood brings with newfound strength and confidence.
Dr. John Phelts DC takes pride in providing impactful and successful EMSculpt NEO treatments, because results matter. Among the most competitively priced in East Mid-town Manhattan, at Phelts Chiropractic PC, we pride ourselves on being a aesthetic practice for many. New mothers express awe at the expedient belly fat loss they experience, complemented by the regained strength in their abdomen. Remarkably, some even share feeling stronger than their pre-pregnancy phase. If you're on a hunt for EMSCULPT treatments in NYC, Phelts Chiropractic is undoubtedly the place to be.