124 E 40th St #301, New York, NY 10016
During cold and flu season, what kind of treatments can you expect at Phelts Chiropractic PC? we realize that our patients may need different therapies during different seasons. In our Manhattan office, Dr. John Phelts uses Applied Kinesiology to assess your body and determine what therapies will be appropriate for your wellness. Below are a few examples:
1. Immune system support. The thymus gland and the spleen are your major immune system organs. Dr. Phelts uses nutrition, acupressure, chiropractic adjustments, and other physical techniques to support your immune system.
2. Sleep management. Sleep is an important factor in keeping the immune system healthy. Hormones that fight infections and free radicals are released while we sleep. Insufficient sleep can increase vulnerability to infection and slow recovery from illness. Using Applied Kinesiology, Dr. John Phelts identifies imbalances in the body that can offset your internal body clock aka circadian rhythm. He also assesses the pineal gland, which releases hormones that help us sleep. He corrects any imbalances found using nutrients, acupressure, and physical techniques to restore equilibrium.
3. Stress relief. Stress causes the release of cortisol by our adrenal glands. Cortisol suppresses the immune system. Dr. Phelts uses Neuro-Emotional Technique, acupressure and homeopathic remedies to desensitize the body to stress.
4. Overcoming bad eating habits. High sugar intake weakens the immune system, by causing an increase in cortisol levels. Desserts and candy should be avoided. If you have an addiction to certain foods, Dr. Phelts can employ a technique to help you break it.
5. Spinal health. Research shows that chiropractic adjustments boost the immune system, by affecting the nervous system.
Give our New York office a call at 212-286-2012 to find out if Applied Kinesiology may be right for you.